If your pallet wrapping machine is not working, you may be able to identify the problem and rectify it yourself without the need to call a technician.
Following this guide will help you identify any problems that can be easily fixed yourself, or help you determine that you will need a technician to fix your pallet wrapper.
Step by step troubleshooting
If your pallet wrapping machine is not working and you don't know why; following these steps could resolve the issue. If the problem turns out to be something you can fix yourself, troubleshooting your pallet wrapper will save you the downtime and cost associated with calling for a technician.
Most of these steps will involve checking the status of the machine through the main screen, as well as any safety or emergency settings.
The process of troubleshooting is:
- Check the power supply is on – This may seem like a silly thing to check, but you could end up saving yourself a lot of time and money by checking this first.
- Check that all emergency stops are deactivated – This is another simple fix that could save you some down time if you check it.
- Check that the safety switches have not been activated – You should always check this before escalating the matter or calling a technician.
- Perform a running self test check – this is done through the main screen and may be able to identify what the problem is. Depending on the problem, you may be able to fix it yourself at this point.
- Refer to the troubleshooting guide in the manual – This may have further information that is specific to your pallet wrapping machine model.
- Call a technician – If none of these steps resolved the problem, you will need to call a technician to come and take a look at the machine.
Do you need a pallet wrapping machine technician? Call ITT Jetpak on 1800 815 531.
Common problems that require a technician
If you are not able to resolve the problem yourself, you will need a pallet wrapping machine technician to come to your premises and take at look at it. Some common problems that will require technician are:
- Damage caused by a forklift – Forklift collisions usually happen when people are rushing and not taking care, this can cause extensive damage to the pallet wrapper.
- Debris under the turntable – This is a common cause of jams, especially if stretch film has gotten under the turntable.
- Blown fuses – This can occur when there is a power surge. A technician is required to change fuses correctly and safely.
Prevent damage to your pallet wrapper
There are a number of things you can do that will help to prevent damage from occurring to your pallet wrapping machine in the first place.
- Prevent forklift collisions – A good way to prevent this kind of damage is to bolt a strip of angle iron to the floor around the machine to make this impossible.
- Keep the area clean – Make sure the area around your pallet wrapper is free from debris that could get caught under the turntable and cause a jam.
- Perform regular maintenance – Regular preventative maintenance will reduce the likelihood of a breakdown that causes downtime.
ITT Jetpak mobile technician service
ITT Jetpak has a team of dedicated mobile technicians who can help you with servicing and repairs for a range of different machinery types. Whether your pallet wrapping machines is not working or is due for a scheduled servicing, our expert technicians can help you.
For all your pallet wrapping machine needs, call ITT Jetpak on 1800 815 531.